Is it safe for me to have breast implants?

I'm thinking of getting breast implants but I'm a firewomen, is there any chance they could melt or harm my body in anyway?

No risk

There is no risk of melting your implants as a firewoman. Implants are safe. Just make sure that you wait for the recommended period before getting back to work, as advised by your surgeon. This may be 6 weeks or more.

Implants and Saefty

Thank you for your question and as long as you are healthy and give your body time to heal after surgery you should be fine.  Make sure to take sufficient time off from work and from heavy lifting after your procedure.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Are implants safe?

Thanks so much for your question. Yes! Implants are safe for you. Gel implants have an excellent safety profile. I suggest you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-depth consult and evaluation. He or she will discuss the procedure with you, examine you and give you the best surgical options. Women who do best with breast augmentation, have implants that are appropriate for their body type. I wish you the best with your surgical journey!

Breast Implant Safety

Silicone implants will not melt or harm your body.  They're completely safe and the new generation of silicone, nicknamed the 'gummy bear', does not go anywhere even if the implant were to rupture.  Your questions are good ones and you should certainly discuss any further questions with your surgeon so you are comfortable with your decision.  Good luck!

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on researching a breast augmentation.  If you have sufficient time to recover it is safe for you to have implants placed and there is no risk of the implants melting or harming your body. Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. There are no specific contraindications to breast augmentation in patients with your job.    The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

During your consultation your plastic surgeon will discuss with you all of the potential risks and benefits of breast augmentation but your role as a firefighter is definitely NOT a  contrainfication, except that you should take care to avoid strenuous activity especially involving your arms and upper body for about 4 weeks after surgery. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Implants are safe for you

The only way your Implants will get damaged is if your breast get burned, the heat your body takes in your job, will never be enough to harm the implants without burning your skin, so you are more than safe to get them.

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD