Going back to work?

Hello recently had breast augmentation 310cc ultra high profile over the muscle and I'm scheduled to go back to work after 13days, I am a hairdresser and will be blow drying and styling hair all day is this going to be a problem and will it effect my healing??

Going back to work after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. The best person to advise you on this is your specific surgeon. That said, I advice patients to return to work after theyre completely healed. you will be quite sore and any overhead movements or lifting are not recommended while you are still healing. Be really careful about returning to work too soon. Wishing you the best!

You might want to schedule your clients with some time in between so you can rest your arms, and avoid long treatments like perms for a couple of weeks. Lower your chair if needed. Please discuss any specific concerns with your doctor.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Returning to work as a hairstylist after breast implants

It's always best to check what your surgeon's protocol is. I advise my patients who are hairstylists that returning to work on the average of 14 days after surgery is okay. They might be a little sore;  they will be quite comfortable by the third week. I recommend that they alternate ibuprofen with Tylenol every two hours if needed. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Going back to work?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  Your question is best asked of your operative surgeon as they know the full details of your procedure to be able to advise you, but in most cases you should be able to return to work without difficulty.  You may need to take additional breaks as you will fatigue a bit easier than before but this should steadily improve with time.  Hope this helps.