Can I go to a wedding without a bra on 10 days after breast augmentation?

Breast Augmentation Postop Guidelines

Congratulations on your new body makeover! It sounds like you are happy with your results already! After surgery, it is important to discuss postoperative care with your board-certified plastic surgeon. Wearing your support bra after surgery is recommended to help with your body’s healing process. It should be okay to be without a bra for short period and attend your special event. However, it would be best to continue use of the support bra afterwards as you are still healing. It is important to have follow-up appointments with your board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure proper healing and your satisfaction. Good luck in your recovery, and have fun at the wedding!

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

No Bra after 10 days following Breast Augmentation

Typically I place patients into a support bra in my office 1-2 days after surgery and they are instructed to wear it 24/7 except to shower for 6 weeks.  If you go without a bra for a few hours I think it is OK.  It is what you do during those few hours that matters more than whether you have a bra on or not.  Absolutely no dancing, jumping, reaching above your head, or lifting more than 10 lbs.  Remember your postop care can have an impact on your long term result and you don't want to ruin your result just for a few hours at a wedding.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation post op care.

Thank you for your question. I have patients wear a soft bra after breast augmentation for a few weeks to splint everything, and at that point the scars are generally very stable and we move to normal bras (or none) and long term scar management. I think that after 10 days the scars should be healed and you should be ok to not wear a bra for one night. Try to be conceous and take it easy with dancing and lifting your hands so that you dont hurt yourself. The best person to advise you on this is your specific surgeon.  

Attending a Wedding with no Bra

Yes the short answer is. At 10 days the wound should be well healed and you would be able to attend an event with no Bra...as long as you don't upstage the Bride !!Normally I would recommend the Breasts to be supported in a Bra for 6 weeks but for a one night event it is okay to go without a Bra.

Jack Zoumaras, MBBS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

#Breastaugmentation #BreastAug #Implants #Breastimplants

Hey conwak, Thank you for an excellent question! This is best to be discussed with your plastic surgeon directly. However, most surgeons will allow you to attend an event for a short time without a bra. Remember, you just had surgery so listen to your body and don't have too much fun :) You are still healing. You may experience some excess swelling in the evening after the wedding. Get back into your compression bra as quickly as possible to help reduce the amount of swelling you experience. Hope you enjoy the wedding, Brian S. Coan MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bra less to a wedding

Since you are only 10 days out, you need to ask your doctor what his preference is since he is the treating physician.

When can I go bra-less after breast augmentation?

Congrats on your surgery and I hope you have a great result. I would definitely check with your surgeon, but I allow my patients to go a couple hours without a bra in this time range following surgery if they have an important event. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though always best to check with your operative surgeon, your are likely fine to be able to attend the wedding and not wear a bra for a few hours.  Hope this helps.

Activity After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question regarding activity after breast augmentation.  More than likely this is completely okay.  Just check with your surgeon to make sure they don't have different advice for you.   According to many of my patients, one of the joys of breast augmentation is the ability to choose clothing that may have once required various strapless bras or avoidance of certain dress styles and now being able to be more open with choices. 
Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

10 days post op?

Congratulations on your recent Breast Augmentation!After surgery, most patients feel tired and sore for a few days. However, most are able to return to work within 3-5 days. Their breasts can remain swollen and sore for a month or longer, but this is usually minimal. As the skin adjusts to the new breast size, the new tightness in the breasts will improve. By three to six weeks, most women are back to their full exercise routine. Many surgeons have different post operative care instructions after a breast augmentation. As for your upcoming wedding, best of advice would be to consult your board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your post operative care. Best of luck with your recovery.