Is it possible to get almond eyes or oriental eyes by surgery with my eyes? (Photo)

I'm half Asian and white, I want my epicanthic fold gone and deeper eyes, is that possible?

Is it possible to get almond eyes or oriental eyes by surgery with my eyes

If you are complaining about dropping of the eyelids or lower eyelid bagginess then you might be a good candidate for the Laser Blepharoplasty operation. Although the plastic surgery era is highly developed and there are new treatment models for several other procedures; there is still no efficient alternative of blepharoplasty operation. If you are not comfortable with the look of your eyelids blepharoplasty operation may be a solution for you

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Eyes

You can readily show more upper lid with blepharoplasty surgery. You can reduce the epicanthal folds as well, the potential trade-off is the possibility of visible scars in the medial eyelid area with this. Sometimes the less you have to gain, the more you have to lose.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Epicanthal fold surgery is high risk.

The challenge is the scar from this surgery is immediately visible on the face.  The scars are absolutely not hidden by the upper eyelid fold.  The area where surgery is performed is a complex, multi contour area.  While it can heal beautifully, the reality is that your are more likely than not to end up with a very unsatisfactory scar.  On balance,the aesthetic impact of the small epicentral fold has to weighed against the  real risk of a very unsatisfactory scar that will deform you.

You have a very almond shaped eye.  In the photos you are retracting the upper eyelids.  I wonder what you look like with a more relaxed expression.

Epicanthaplasty is high-risk surgery

From your question and photos, I understand you have to general questions:  can epicanthal folds be minimized, and can you achieve a deeper sulcus above your eye?

First of all, it is important to recognize that epicanthal surgery is certainly possible, but the surgery is high risk for under correction and visible scarring, even in the best of experienced hands.  There are non-surgical options for reducing the epicanthal folds, and I would definitely suggest trying those routes over surgery. You are young and making permanent decisions that could result in scars in this region may be regretted later In life. 

As for deepening your sulcus – this can be done to make your eyes look less Asian, or for the personal preference of having a deeper sulcus for eye shadow placement.  The procedure is fairly straightforward. However, as other doctors have mentioned, from an aesthetic standpoint I would not suggest you consider this procedure because (A) your anatomy is strikingly beautiful as-is, and (B) deepening the sulcus while retaining your epicanthal folds would potentially make your eyelid anatomy appear unbalanced. 

If you want to experiment with modification without the permanency and risks of surgery, your superior sulcus could be opened up using some judiciously placed Botox. This would be complementary to the nonsurgical filler treatment of the epicanthal folds I mentioned above. This would be a far less risky plan then surgery, and would be my primary suggestion for you. Please try to find a specialist that is very experienced with treating the eyelid region. I wish you the very best. 

Tanuj Nakra, MD, FACS
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is it possible to get more almond-shaped eyes and remove the epicanthal folds?

Thank you for asking your question and sharing your photo. Yes, surgery is possible to correct both issues, but it would be wrong for a doctor to perform the surgery. You have attractive eyes and the risks of surgery outweigh any minimal benefits you would achieve. Hope this helps.
Good luck,

Almond eye surgery and epicanthoplasty

Epicanthoplasty can reduce the epicanthal folds. See website for more details. Almond eye surgery is different. See link below for more details.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon