6 days post op, white patches on columella, is this normal? (Photo)

I am really scared that my columella is not healing well, is it normal that it's white? Also seems to be sticking out from one side?

Healing after Nose Surgery

The healing appears normal in the picture, but I would suggest contacting your rhinoplasty surgeon. Things that you can do to decrease your swelling include; watch your salt intake, keep your head up, no ice, lymphatic drainage.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

White patches

Everything looks fine based on the photo you have sent. Just keep the area clean as per the instructions of your surgeon

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty scar

Thank you for the question and photo.  I personally do not see anything wrong with the columella incision.  There appears to be appropriate amount of swelling and some bulging of the tissue between the sutured areas.  I would touch base with your plastic surgeon at your next appointment or perhaps even send in the photo you have provided to his/her office to have them reassure you that the area is how they expect it to look based on prior patients and what you had done.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD