3-weeks post sub-muscular BA- Double bubble!! (Photos)

Hi I am 3 weeks post op, I had 440cc in left and 410cc in right high profile round motiva implants. I think there's a very obvious concern with the right breast and slightly noticeable in left. Can this rectify itself or will I need surgical revision?! I don't see PS until 12weeks post op

You are showing signs of early double bubble deformity

You need to get a Symmastia Bra immediately and wear it day and night for several weeks until you see improvement

You can purchase it from Thongbra

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Contact your surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend contacting your surgeon.  You should be seen now and not wait until 12 weeks post-op. 

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Double Bubble?

Yes, unfortunately it is pretty clear that you have a double bubble on the right and a hint of one on the left. Patients who start out with a high, tight inframammary fold are definitely predisposed to developing a double bubble with breast augmentation. There are surgical techniques that can be used to modify the tissues to prevent this from occurring, but in some situations it is difficult to completely prevent. The problem is that the alternatives, having the implant positioned overly high, or doing a breast lift, also carry other negative consequences.

It would be a good idea to get in to see your surgeon as soon as can to see if they have any suggestions for post surgical implant manipulations which might be helpful in reversing or minimizing this problem. I have attached a link for a video for one approach that might be helpful.

Double bubble

You should talk to your surgeon., Some may recommend a band at this point to help stabilize the fold.  Best of luck.

Double Bubble

It does appear that your right breast fold was lowered below the inframammary crease which is causing the appearance of a "double bubble" on that side. At three weeks postop, the breast may respond to taping as the pocket may not have completely formed yet. At any rate, it is worth a try as the only other alternative is a surgical revision to close off the bottom of the pocket and elevate the fold to the same level as your breast tissue fold. 

You will need revision based on the pictures

I am sorry about your results. Please see your surgeon sooner than later. This will not get better without surgery. The inframammary ligaments are detached off the chest wall over the right side. Your left implants are placed high and to make them even that should be part of the revision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3-weeks post sub-muscular breast augmentation- Double bubble!!

Thank you for your question and photo.

1. I agree with your concern about a double bubble especially on the right side.
  2. Do not await to see your plastic surgeon but see the surgeon as soon as possible.
  3. You are early in recovery and in some cases your surgeon can  tape the inframammary crease back in position and have you start wearing an underwire bra which occasionally can correct this problem.
  4. However if the conservative measures fail then you will need a pocket revision..
  5. For more information on revision please read the link below:

Double bubble

Thank you for your question.  Just based on your photos and assuming your implants were placed beneath the muscle, it appears that the line of constriction at the bottom of the breast may be secondary to inadequate release of the pectoralis muscle.  If so, this is an issue not always foreseeable during the procedure.  Some patients have tight bands between the breast tissue and the pectoralis muscle that pull up on the tissue postoperatively.  This problem can potentially be fixed by further release of the muscle up to the level of the nipple or changing from a submuscular pocket to a subglandular pocket.  To be sure, discuss with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  He/she needs to be made aware that there is a problem so that proper treatment can be initiated.  Best wishes!

Double bubble.

I am sorry to see you are having concerns. Check in with your PS. You may eventually need some tightening of the pockets.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon