24 no kids. Do I need a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I was told by a surgeon I would need a tummy tuck when doing a BBL. I also was told i cannot do a BL at the same time. I do not want a tummy tuck as I have no kids and do not want the scars. Would I need a tummy tuck? Also if I loose weight will that help?

Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck probably not necessary for good result.

Without previous pregnancy and the possibility of future pregnancy I would not recommend an abdominoplasty. There appears to be a sizable amount of surplus fat in the abdomen and you should expect a good result with liposuction only. The skin appears to be in good condition and should adapt well to the reduction in volume.

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Loosing weight will improve healing when considering plastic surgery

Loosing weight will help greatly to avoid any type of abdominal scarring - not to mention decreasing your risks when going under general anesthesia and recovery/healing.  You may also be a good candidate for abdominal liposuction if you are set on surgery, hard to tell without a physical examination. I would also recommend you seek a consultation for a breast lift before a TT as a TT will limit how much your breasts can be lifted. Take a look at the video attached. It's a breast lift without breast implants and without all the scarring associated with older techniques. I hope this helps. Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or not

From looking at your photos i think you probably do not need one now.A breast lift is more appropriate at this time.It's a personal choice.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Best results

Hello.  Ideally it would be great to have a TT with your BBL because you have extra skin. You are correct to avoid the TT  until you have completed your childbearing. A BBL at this time may accentuate your excess skin depending upon your elasticity. See a BCPS for an in-person consultation. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Tummy tuck?

If you have loose skin,. you may not be happy with the final contour of the abdomen once you remove the fat to add to the buttocks. 

24 no kids. Do I need a tummy tuck?

At your age and with no pregnancies, I would definitely look at liposuction for now and not the Tummy Tuck. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

DR DERBY

Thank you for your question. After a TT you can become pregnant but you will reduce a lot of the results that you have from your procedure. Thats why we as doctors say , in general, its better to wait after you have your child wish completed.But this is a personal decision , i also have client that had children after their TT procedure. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction Options with BBL

I appreciate your concern but your photos demonstrate that liposuction of your abdomen should be no problem and Tummytuck in NOT indicated, in my opinion. Since you are only 24 with no kids, your skin should contract sufficiently. Get a second opinion, Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon . Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Liposuction and BBL

A typical full abdominoplasty is performed after bearing children or after weight loss that has resulted in hanging skin. From your pictures and description, this is not your situation.

Liposuction, in contrast, is body-contouring procedure that removes fat under the skin to address trouble spots throughout the body. The access incisions are small, however, the overall success of the procedure depends on the skin retracting back after the fat is removed. This is less likely to occur the longer the skin has been stretched out and the older the patient is.

Typical candidates for liposuction:

• Relatively young with good quality skin
  • Have not had children and have no stretch marks
  • Do not have hanging excess skin
  • Are looking for focused removal of fat that is resistant to exercise and diet

Patients, such as yourself, are usually great candiadates for liposcution of the abdomen. This can usually be combined with a BBL to shape and augment the buttocks. Weight loss before surgery will often improve the overall results.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step. 

See the link below for more information.