I'm 20 weeks post and I feel like my nose is still shapeless?

I'm 20 weeks post and I feel like my nose is still shapeless in a way it's a little narrower I feel like there was more shape before also my tip is little longer than I wished for if I have to have revision to make it a little smaller is this a big thing when would you suggest I wait

Rhinoplasty Recovery

Hang in there you are almost half way there. It takes a full year to see the final results, patients with thick skin-up to 18 months. That doesn't mean that nothing can be done till that time. It is important to keep your followup visits. If scar tissue has built up, a steroid injection may help.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long to wait after rhinoplasty

Dear Auralia,

Thank you for your question.  While it has been 20 weeks, swelling after rhinoplasty continues to resolve with improved contour over a prolonged period of time.  It is hard waiting, but typically a full year is given for the final results to evolve before considering a revision.  So the good news is there is hope things will improve, but the bad news is it will take a lot of patience to wait it out!  I hope this helps.

All my best!  Dr. Elizabeth

"This opinion has been solicited without seeing the patient, and is not to be considered true medical advice.  Medical advice should be obtained via in person consultation with a physician."

Rhinoplasty results

At twenty weeks you are likely very swollen still. It can take a year or longer for the swelling to resolve.

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nose Shape After Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It can take a full year for all the swelling to resolve and shape to stabilize. I would suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon. They can show you the pre and post op pics which may help illustrate the changes that have occurred. 

Matthew Becker, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

5 months out

Hello, sounds like you're unhappy with the results of your surgery. I would recommend you wait a full year prior to considering getting a revision. You will be able to see the final result then, and the tissues will be ready for another operation at this time.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Your nose will continue to improve over a full year so definitely don't judge your result or consider revision until a full 12 months. You are not alone in this. A huge percent of rhinoplasty patients have concerns over the first few months wondering if their nose will improve in shape and inevitably it does because that last bit of swelling really takes a long time to come out. Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon