2 weeks post op, weird nipple pain, is this normal?

I am exactly 2 weeks post op. I had 365cc THP under muscle,my recovery has been fine, however I have a weird pain / sensation in my left nipple ( the same Breast which is slightly higher than the other) is this normal? I wouldn't say it is painful, more annoying.

Sensory issue

It is not uncommon to have weird sensations after surgery as the swelling slowly subsides.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Nipple Pain

This is common and normal. In the vast majority of patients this resolves over a period of days to months. You are still quite early in your recovery so be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Due to the swelling and stretching of the breast skin tissue and chest muscle with surgery and the breast implant it is not uncommon to have a range of different sensations temporarily occur in the breast - burning, electrical, sore, stabbing, numbness, etc.  I would tell your surgeon ago use your symptoms so that they can follow you along closely and ensure you heal uneventfully.  

Nipple sensitivity after breast implants

When concerned postoperatively, its always best to check with your plastic surgeon. I advise my patients that it is not uncommon to have a temporary annoying increase in sensitivity in either one or both nipples as a result of temporary stretching of the nerve to the nipple. On average this lasts about 6 weeks. I suggest that while they are waiting for these six weeks to pass, they can try using moisturizer on the nipple/areola area, put cotton in their bra, and if needed take an anti-inflammatory. Hope this helps. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hypersensitivity after breast augmentation surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. The hypersensitivity of the nipple/areola complexes that you describe is quite common and self limited; these concerns generally improve over the course of several weeks/months. Very rarely, I have seen hypersensitivity issues persists for close to one year. Best wishes.