2 weeks post op, scared my right breast is 'bottoming out'? (photos)

Im scared my right breast is bottoming out or is it to early to tell? I had natrelle inspira ultra high profile 285 in my right and 310 in my left.. I saved for 3 years for this BA I just hope there is nothing wrong as I can't afford a revision.. Is there anything I can do to help? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks x

Bottoming out?

It is too early in your postoperative course to say that you may be "bottoming out." If you have concerns you should contact your plastic surgeon for a postoperative check. They can address your concerns directly.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

2 weeks post op, scared my right breast is 'bottoming out'?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. It is difficult to offer definite advice without seeing a full series of photographs or an in-person examination, but there does not appear to be any distinct evidence of bottoming out present.  I would allow your physician the opportunity to exam your right breast to ensure that you are healing appropriately.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still very early on in your recovery. I do not see any signs of bottoming out but you are still quite swollen. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets. Sometimes, the swelling will resolve quicker in one breast than the other or one breast my drop quicker causing the appearance of unevenness. This is completely normal. If a breast is sitting too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would continue to wear your surgical bra and perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks BA

Thank you for your question. You are in early phase of healing and your breasts will continue to change in the coming few weeks. You are not bottomed out. Please follow instructions from your PS

You are very early in recovery and your inframammary crease looks intact on both sides.  Considering that you have a larger implant on the left side I would expect to see the difference that you see. I do not see evidence of bottoming out now.  Please see your plastic surgeon and ask if a supportive underwire bra would be helpful.

Bottoming out

I would not be overly worried since you are 2 weeks out.I would add some support to your right breast when you have a bra on and maybe sleep with your bra to give it added support.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Two Weeks Post-Op Healing

Hello and thank you for your question. Here are some basic pieces of information provided to our patients regarding post-op healing:Rest: After surgery you will be groggy from the anesthesia. We recommend going home and resting or sleeping on your back by propping yourself up with several pillows. Food: Once you feel up to eating, start with bland items such as toast or crackers or even a smoothie. Test your stomach to make sure you do not feel nauseous when you eat. Try to maintain a healthy well-balanced diet to improve your recovery process. Be sure to eat fiber rich foods, because the medications you are taking can cause constipation. Medication: Be sure to begin taking all mediations as prescribed. Initial discomfort of the breasts is controlled with pain medication and a muscle relaxer. Showering:  You may shower three (3) days after surgery. Dressings: These will vary from patient to patient. Some patients may be placed in a sports bra; others will wear a stabilizing elastic support strap. Your doctor will decide after surgery and in subsequent weeks, what is necessary for your needs. Sutures: Most sutures dissolve on their own within a few weeks.It is possible that healing is taking time with swelling and settling of the incisions and scars. If you are at all concerned about your healing process it would be best to contact your surgeon right away for an appointment to have the area evaluated. You will be able to determine the proper healing process and whether any revisions will be needed. Best of luck!

Bottoming Out?

It is difficult to say for sure if your implant is bottoming out based solely on that picture.  It does appear that a portion of the implant is beneath your native fold, but perhaps your surgeon intentionally lowered the fold and the crease will go away with time.  I recommend contacting your surgeon with your question.  If it is felt that the implant may be trying to bottom out, they may recommend taping below the crease to have it scar down.  Some surgeons also recommend an underwire bra.  Again, I'd follow your surgeon's recommendations.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northrbook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Possible Bottoming Out at 2 Weeks.

Hello, and thanks for the question and the photo. It does appear that the breast on the right side of the photo (your right side if you took the picture in a mirror) is sitting lower than the breast on the left. The infra mammary fold (fold beneath the breast) is lower on that side, and there is less fullness at the upper aspect of the breast on that side. Though it hasn't completely "bottomed out", the pocket on that side has likely expanded beneath the original fold (unless your fold was lower on that side to begin with). At this point, it is likely that the capsule (thin layer of scar tissue that everyone develops) is forming within the implant pocket which could make this a permanent situation. One option is to tape beneath the implant along the line of the original, higher infra mammary fold in an attempt to push the implant up and help that lower part of the pocket fuse back to the chest. Using a push-up, underwire bra with significant support along with taping may also help. A medical grade "foam" tape 2 inches wide is typically used. Keep major activities to a minimum, and keep the support going as much as possible for 2 weeks and reevaluate things. Unfortunately, these measures may not work and surgical repair of the lower pocket may be necessary, but it is reasonable to try.Talk to your surgeon about this.I hope this helps.