How can I get rid of my armpit fat? (Photo)

Hello, I've been dealing with armpit fat for years and it has gotten bigger over the past few years, I don't know what to do about it, I'm ashamed to wear tank tops because it just shows one bit lump on both of my armpits, please help?

Underarm fat

Because you've noticed a change in this area, I would first direct you to your ob/gyn to ensure that there are no issues, as the "fat" as you described it could be breast tissue.  If there are no medical problems, liposuction is a great tool used to decrease the fullness in that area.  There are some risks that you must be aware of such as swelling and nerve changes due to the surgical area being close to lymphatics and important nerves.  

How can I get rid of my armpit fat?

In general, the treatment for extra armpit fat is liposuction.That being said, you always want to be careful with regards to lymphatics in the area.I wish you the best of luck.

Arm Pit Fat

Thank you for your question.  Your complaint is a common one.  Frequently this storage of fat or breast tissue becomes more noticeable after some kind of procedure on the breast - lift, augmentation, reconstruction.  First, it must be determined whether the tissue is fat or aberrant breast tissue.  If it is simply fat, options for correction include liposuction (if there is no excess skin) or direct excision of the tissue and skin (if there is excess skin).  If the tissue is breast tissue, excision will be necessary as liposuction alone will not remove breast tissue.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to determine the best course of action.

Arm pit fat

If it is fat and not breast tissue, then it is likely that liposuction can be performed on this area. Best to bed in in person.

Treatment of arm pit fat

Thank you for the question. This is a common complaint. The treatment depends on the amount of fat and skin. If it is just fat liposuction will be enough if there is excess skin then liposuction and excision. 

Good luck!

Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Armpit Fat

Hi there, 
what I recommend is a liposuction and cutting the extra skin with inner armpit scar. 

Remember that the key is to choose a reputable, qualified and certified Plastic Surgeon.

Eduardo Gongora, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Armpit fat

Options are diet and exercise,various forms of liposuction if your skin tone is good ,or surgical excision and resculpting.Only a face to face consult call tell what is best.

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon