How much filler do my lips need to get the results I want? (Photo)

Im wondering if 1 syringe of filler would be enough to take my lips from the photo given, to the other photo provided. The photo that I want lips to look like is actually a photo of me. That's how I draw them on myself (thats one of my Facebook pictures). So I know those lips will fit face and they look great but I want them to look like that without makeup.

How much filler do my lips need to get the results I want?

As adding any filler to your lips is an advanced procedure, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

LIPS

Probably 2 syringes of an hyaluronic acid like Restylane Silk or Juvederm  However, much of what you see in terms of shape of the lips you have shown is from professional make up.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, based upon the attached photos 1 syringe of dermal filler (Restylane, Restylane Silk or Juvederm) would be required for just the upper lip.  If you wanted the lower lip augmented, another syringe would be required.  Hope this helps. 

Fuller lips with filler

It may take one syringe or maybe two.  I always like to start off with one and allow the patients to see if they want more.  Best of luck.

Filler for Lips

Thanks for your question and the photos to go along with it.  First of all, the most important thing is to select a well trained and experienced physician injector who can get you the results you are looking for.  They will likely select a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler like Restylane Silk, Juvederm Ultra or perhaps Belotero.  It will be difficult to say if they can achieve the photo result you are looking for as filling live tissue is far different from just drawing; the two cannot be compared and I caution you about framing your expectations that way.  But one syringe of HA filler in the right hands could get you close to what you are looking for, especially given the baseline fullness of your lips. Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips

I think your lips look fine but if u want to experience a Filler I would suggest small amount , maybe 1/2 syringe of  relatively thin filler like Restylin or Bellatero which won't last too long in case u don't like the result , u can always put more in later or get a longer acting juvederm product , also would recommend find an injector who uses a micro cannula technique less pain & bruising & faster !

Jerrold Gendler, MD, FRCS

1 should be fine

The fillers often expand as water comes in to the area so you may get a very good result with just one syringe of filler.  I'd certainly start there and you can always add more later.

Hello from someone from Manchester, CT in the past!

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips

You should be able to get the look you want with one syringe at most. If for some reason you need more, you can do that afterwards but best to be conservative. Be well. 

Estee Williams, MD

Fillers for the Lips

The proper amount of fillers depends on what the desired results you want and the natural shape of your lips. I recommend starting with one syringe and then evaluating how they look.  You can always put in an additional syringe if you would like your lips more plump.

Juvederm 1 syringe

To get this look it is possible that you may need more than one syringe of Juvederm.  For the first time, beginning with one syringe is a great start.  After the first syringe you can let the swelling go down and go back for a second syringe if needed.

H. George Brennan, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon