Follow-up Question - Rhinoplasty, chin implant, or chin liposuction? (photos)

I have been unhappy with my side profile lately and was wondering what the best option would be. I really do not have the money to afford a rhinoplasty as I have heard it could cost nearly $10,000. Having a big nose is honestly not that bad but combining with a weak chin/jawline makes it worse. Would a liposuction help the side profile at least a little bit where a rhinoplasty would not be needed? Or a rhinoplasty is the most important thing for me?

To see previous question, please click here.

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

You are a guy, so I personally think you can get away with a slightly larger nose, which you have. Liposuction of the chin would be the WRONG thing to do. Perhaps you mean fat transfer augmentation to the chin. I think that would help if done correctly. Choose an experienced surgeon.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Profile Enhancement Options

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your profile, but pleased to know that you are seeking advise on how to best proceed. There is no one right answer for what is best for you and in what order, as this is a very personal choice for each individual seeking self improvement. You indicated that rhinoplasty may not be the best choice right now for financial considerations, so it may be best to hold off on your nose. On the other hand, a well performed chin implant of the appropriate size and shape would greatly enhance your profile. Since you likely would benefit from both procedures, I would consider doing your chin first. It will be more affordable for one and it would be a boost to your self confidence now and into the future. If all goes and planned, you could have your rhinoplasty next when your personal financial situation permits. Having your chin implant done first may also enhance the planning of your nose too. Staging cosmetic surgery is common and if thoughtfully planned out, you should do well in an experienced surgeon's hands. In my view, I would forget about liposuction for now and don't think it will significantly add to your goals of profile enhancement. Stay focused on your goals and consult with an experienced plastic surgeon for in-person consultation. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Follow-up Question - Rhinoplasty, chin implant, or chin liposuction?

From your photos it appears that you would benefit from a complete Rhinoplasty as well as chin implant. I would definitely focus on Rhinoplasty as a Priority. Rhinoplasty in the right hands will significantly improve your profile. Most Practices offer payment plans if patient qualifies. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam