Can I trust my Laser Hair Removal Doctor?

I had 2 Laser doctors with both same results. I have been doing treatments for over 6 years with slight improvement. Last year I told my doctor to lower settings so I don't feel the pain as hair will still grow back so might as well lessen the pain. It very minimal compared to other times and I saw a huge improvement with fine hairs nearly gone. The last time I did it was painful and all hair grew back. Like promoting growth. He said he used the same settings but I don't know if I can trust him.

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatmetns

I suggest you see an expert, laser hair removal shouldn't be too painful and should give you results. Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser hair removal and multiple sessions

Hair removal can take multiple sessions to achieve long lasting results. Pain levels can vary depending upon the type of laser as well as the length of treatment and the cooling systems or numbing used. You can ask your doctor about topical anesthetics which can help as well. Fine hairs which may be blonde or lighter in color are harder to remove. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal

For laser hair removal to work you have to be the right candidate. It works better with dark hairs. If you have blonde, red or grey hairs then electrolysis might be for you. You should see a reduction with each treatment. The settings are very important, if there isn't enough power to zap the follicle then it's not going to stop the hair from growing. It's hard to help without anymore details but maybe if you request a copy of your files and have a consultation with another laser doctor.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon