hi is the prp for hair loss only with the a cell for better results? thanks

PRP with or without Acell

PRP is commonly used now to treat hair thinning and loss.  There have been no studies to date to show if Acell in combination with PRP is more effective.  Please consult an expert to get a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green

PRP with or without Acell

PRP is a commonly performed procedure for a variety of hair loss issues.  Acell has not been shown to definitively be of benefit to PRP treatments.  More studies could be done to evaluate this. 

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

A cell with prp

If your question is regarding using Acell with PRP vs PRP alone, it is a good one. I'm not aware of studies that show that A cell with prp  add any additional benefit to decreasing hair loss or increasing hair thickness vs PRP alone. There are studies that it is of benefit with hair transplantation. Some think that A cell with  PRP enhances the longevity of the PRP. In my observation, PRP does not last more than 6 months without being repeated with or without Acell. I am also concerned about the potential allergic reactions with the foreign proteins in Acell . Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

we do a combination of treatments for hair loss in our practice. I suggest seeing an expert for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.