Hypo pigmentation after Hair Removal Laser Treatment: Is it permanent and would further treatment make it worse?

I am getting hair removal laser treatment on my legs and arms. My skin is very fair and before laser hair removal I had a very small amount of faint hypo pigmented patches on my arms due to sunburn some years back. Now, after almost a year of laser treatment, I'm noticing them getting worse. I have also discovered a small number of patches on my legs as well. I've read in some other posts that they are not permanent, but should I get further treatment on these areas? Thank you

Thank you for your query. Hypopigmentation after laser hair removal is not very common.LHR generally results in hyperpigmentation. You should consult your treating doctor and take advice.you can also send n a picture for better consultation. Hope it helps.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Hypopigmentation /Scar - Fraxel/Micorneedling/PRP/Viva, erbium or co2 laser resurcacing

Its hard to remove pigmented once lose, sometimes non ablative lasers work well. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post LHR Hyperpigmentation

Without seeing pictures, it sounds like you may have PIH:  post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  It may fade on its’ own, which can take months or even years in some cases.  You might be able to speed the
clearance with prescription skin care products or laser treatments with a PicoSure FOCUS laser.   I recommend that you do not do any further laser hair removal sessions unless it is in a medical setting where they are using current technology and experienced, licensed practitioners.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician