How effective is laser tattoo removal on bright tattoos? (Photo)

I have a bright colorful tattoo that I instantly regretted getting. I would like to know how long I have to wait to start the process of removal since getting it and how many sessions It might take. Which colors will be most problematic and do you think it's possible to get rid of it?

Pico Lasers

Thank you for your question. Tattoos can be treated once they are completely healed. I would recommend picosecond lasers as they remove tattoos quicker and safer then older technologies. When treating colors wavelengths are important since different wavelengths are ideal for different colors. The Piqo4 laser uses picosecond technology and has 4 wavelengths making it able to target majority of colors. I have been practicing tattoo removal for 20 years and have 5 Pico wavelengths. The average number of treatments with the right technologies is approximately 4-6 but it does vary person to person.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal

You would be a great candidate for the Alex Trivantage laser. This laser is the only one on the market that can target colors.  The multiple wave lengths can target all the colors in the tattoo with 4-6 sessions.  You should contact a board certified dermatologist as soon as possible to be evaluated. 

Tattoo removal

Thank you for your question in regards to Tattoo Removal.
It is recommended to wait until your tattoo is completely healed, about 6-8 weeks. Greens and blues tend to be the most difficult colors to treat, although depending on the laser, they will have a great response. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tattoo Removal -- Q Switched or Pico Lasers By a Cosmetic Dermatologist

I suggest you see a dermatologist with experience in lasers and skin care.  Tattoo removal requires numerous treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.