This mole is changing and itching, does anyone think it looks bad? (photo)

Is this a Melonma?

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest that any change in mole - size, color, height, border, etc. be reported to your physician for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Changing lesions

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to diagnose your lesion through photographs because the lesions need to be examined using an instrument called a dermatoscope, which allows a physician to look at the lesion under higher magnification for any abnormalities. If any irregularities are noted, then a biopsy should be performed and the lesion sent to a laboratory for further analysis. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesions evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD

Mole that is chaging and symptomatic

Thank you for your question.  If a mole is changing and has a symptom like itching, I recommend a biopsy to make sure the mole is not precancerous or cancerous.  I recommend for you to see a dermatologist for an examination and a biopsy.  I wish you the best!

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist