This mole is changing and itching, does anyone think it looks bad? (photo)

Is this a Melonma?

Doctor Answers 3

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest that any change in mole - size, color, height, border, etc. be reported to your physician for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Changing lesions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. It's difficult to diagnose your lesion through photographs because the lesions need to be examined using an instrument called a dermatoscope, which allows a physician to look at the lesion under higher magnification for any abnormalities. If any irregularities are noted, then a biopsy should be performed and the lesion sent to a laboratory for further analysis. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesions evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Mole that is chaging and symptomatic

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  If a mole is changing and has a symptom like itching, I recommend a biopsy to make sure the mole is not precancerous or cancerous.  I recommend for you to see a dermatologist for an examination and a biopsy.  I wish you the best!

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.