Should my doctor have massage the product in after injecting? He used Perfecta, & put 1 ml on the top, 1/2ml on bottom. (photo)

I got my lips done a week ago using Perfectha. I told the doctor I wanted them the same shape but bigger. I had them done twice before but with a different Doctor. Both times before, the doctors had massaged the product in. I noticed that this doctor didn't massage it. I asked afterwards should I massage it my self as that's what i had been told before, and he said no. A week into it, I have one side on the top noticeably bigger and many lumps on both top and bottom. Will it settle down??Thanks

It depends

for me it depends what kind of result you are going for. If I am using a very hydrating product that I want to spread through the tissue well, then I will massage. If I am creating very definied areas such as work around the Cupid's bow then I do not massage because I don't want to flatten the area. Could be that the lumps are swelling but if you are concerned then I would contact your original provider.