Are my breast tuberous? What implant would you suggest? (photo)

A drop implant or a rounded one? Would I go for sub muscle or over muscle ?

Tuberous breasts ?

Your breasts do not appear tuberous but your base width is narrow and your lower inner pole of the breast is deficient and blunted. Discuss this with your surgeon so you have a realistic idea of outcome and can choose the proper size implant.

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice for cases like yours I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants

I prefer round implants for most patients and under the muscle.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question. You do not have tuberous breasts. Sub muscular silicone implants can give optimal results. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Are my breast tuberous? What implant would you suggest?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Tuberous breasts exist along a spectrum of severity and are hallmarked by an elevated and tight breast crease, which causes the breasts to be narrow.  Because the breast tissue in a tuberous breast pushes into the areola, you will see the areola be enlarged and "puffy".  In order to truly diagnose tuberous breasts, you would need an in-person examination by a board certified plastic surgeon, but based on your pictures you do not have them.  I would recommend a submuscular augmentation with a round, high fill silicone implant.  Hope this helps.

Tubular Breasts?

You do not appear to have tuberous or tubular breast deformity. You would benefit from a breast augmentation either with implant or possibly fat (if enough is available). Visit with your plastic surgeon to determine the best options.

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question, seeing your pictures I would recommend you to get small round implants.

Regards 

Dra. Disnalda Matos

Disnalda Matos, MD

Fortunately you do not have tuberous breasts. A submuscular breast augmentation with smooth, round silicone gel breast implants should give you a nice result. Please read below:

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. I do not believe you have tuberous breasts.  You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tuberous Breasts?

Based on the photo, it doesn't appear that your breasts are tuberous.  A physical exam and a discussion of your goals (breast size/shape) would be necessary to determine the best type of implant and implant placement for you.  I recommend you consult with several local surgeons to discuss your options.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon