A Male with Overdeveloped Tissue in his Chest, Aka “man Boobs”; is VASER Shape Right for him?

Doctor Answers 7


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

No, you would more likely need Vaser liposuction. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

VASER Liposuction NOT VASER Shape is the treatment for Man Boobs (Gynecomastia)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The extent of your Gynecomastia (Man Boobs, Moobies) will determine the best treatment for it. Unfortunately, the best treatment is liposuction (especially VASER liposuction) often with partial excision of the breast gland. Attempting to address this problem with a nonsurgical modality such as CASER Shape would be a waste of time and money.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

Vaser and gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If your gynecomastia mainly consists of fat, then any form of liposuction should do the trick. If it consists of breast like tissue, then direct excision is probably necessary.  An exam is essential.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

You might also like...

Vaser shape is not liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Vaser shape is a completely non-invasive ultrasound treatment. It's results are quite subtle, in my opinion. It is not useful or intended to treat gynecomastia. Vaser liposelection, on the other hand, is a form of ultrasonic liposuction and it is very useful for treating gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is best treated by a combination of Vaser assisted liposuction and excision of breast gland tissue through a nipple incision. Liposuction alone usually won't reduce the male breast enough for a great result.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

No if you have gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction can work for pseudogynecomastia  which is due to fat deposits. Not if you have breast gland deposit 

Miguel Delgado, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

Male Breast Reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

"Man Boobs"  can often be made to look like the  male chest with liposuction.  However most men with gynecomastia (medical name for man boobs) need the liposuction as well as surgical removal of any non fatty tissue.  I usually start with liposuction of the chest and upper abdomen.  After the fat layer is removed, the firm glandular tissue can be felt.  It is usually beneath the nipple areolar area.  An incision used to remove tissue  can be well concealed . "Vaser Shape" is a marketing name.  It is better to pick a skilled surgeon who can decide with you what the best approach  is, rather than be duped by the marketing claims of a manufacturer.  Your PS should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American society of Plastic Surgeons.  

Mary Lee Peters, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 117 reviews

Male breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have Gynecomastia.

Gynecomastia can be enlagement of the breast tissue only, and in that case surgical removal is needed.

Gynecomastia can be a combination of brest tissue and fat. In that case you need excision of the breast tissue and liposuction. The method of liposuction does not matter. What matters is the experience of the surgeon you choose,,

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.