Where Can I Get Male to Female Breast Implants and Can I Get a Consultation? I Want Several Thing Done So This Will Be Ongoing.

I would like to know what I will need to get this surgery done. Such as Phycoligist and Pyscatric approvals. Also what a complete breast implant would cost approximately.

Transgender breast augmentation is becoming more common.

Males excepting breast implants as part of gender reassignment has been going on for many years. Recently there seems to be in uptick in request for that procedure. Psychiatric counseling is probably good in these individuals but not a prerequisite for surgery.

Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to transgender patients who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to transgender patient breast augmentation) helps.

Where Can I Get Male to Female Breast Implants and Can I Get a Consultation?

We perform a lot of BA on MTF transgenders.  We do ask that you bring a letter from your psychologist.  Most psychologist that specialize in gender Identity have Plastic Surgeons that they work with.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

M to F transgender breast augmentation.

Most plastic surgeons perform breast augmentation, but only a few have experience with the unique requirements of the M-F transgender patient. I have been doing both M-F and F-M (non-genital) surgery for over 2 1/2 decades, and find that about 1/4 - 1/3 of my M-F patients are not ideal candidates for implant-only augmentation (chest too wide, overall stature larger, and pectoralis muscles and skin too tight) for beautiful, proportionate breasts. Some of these patients typically start with implants, find them too tight, too small, and misshapen, following which come additional operations to try to "get things right."

All potentially avoidable, IMHO, by starting with a plan for two-stage augmentation consisting of submuscular crescent-shaped tissue expander placement at one operation, followed by healing, outpatient expansion over several months, maturation of the scar capsule, and then a second-stage procedure to remove the expanders and place silicone gel implants of the appropriate size and proportion. This avoids the tight, small, convex upper pole, concave lower pole non-feminine results all-too-often seen with attempts to place implants in a single stage.

All I'm saying here is that there are anatomic considerations that need to be taken into account, and some of them are unique to transgender patients. When these are appreciated and considered as part of a consultation, then superior results can be achieved, often avoiding costly and demoralizing repeat re-operations! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Research Your Surgeon

Start with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon. I perform mtf reassignment procedures. I usually sequence them as follows; breast augmentation followed by facial feminization including rhinoplasty and chin contouring, eyelid surgery, cheek surgery. I then perform Adam's apple reduction and liposuction and buttocks fat grafting for shape. I also require a letter from a psychiatrist / psychologist stating that you are of clear mind and well thought out in your decision to alter your appearance. 

Dr Shifrin

David Shifrin, MD

What is Wrong with my Breast Augmentation!

Best place to start is with a gender identity clinic, and that will be an excellent source for a referral. Prices for your area are listed on the site.  All the best.