I'm a Male With Natural 38C Breasts, Can I Go Much Bigger? (photo)

ok im 30 im from pa im a male ive been told i look female my whote life im 206lbs i have natural 38c breasts now no hormones or anykinda drug i would love to be bigger i have sean on some wesite there are 1200cc and larger implants can tis be done to a male the profile pic is the real me

Male breasts

Okay, you are a male with female breasts. The breasts themselves are larger than those most women have and even look nicer than those on most women. I think for starters, you need to figure out why it is that you have feminine breast, before you decide on what you plan to do surgically. You should have an endocrine work up to see if you have some severe hormonal imbalance or some other reason this has occurred. That should be your first priority . then you willbe in a position to decide what it is that needs to be done . Also, a psychological evaluation should be done. I would be surprised if you could find a plastic surgeon willing to put implants in you until there are some answers to some very basic questions.

Male with 38C breasts wants to go bigger.

You look neither male nor 206 pounds in the provided photo. If you are male to female transgender and have not taken female hormones or suppressed testosterone, you are lucky to have such youthful, attractive, and full breasts (and no chest hair).

Irrespective of your gender identification, the breasts you show in your photograph cannot be enlarged by much at all, as the cleavage is close, the skin is already full, and the breast-to-waist ratio is large. You could likely add no more than 250cc per side, if even that. 1200cc is achievable only with significantly overfilled saline implants or tissue expanders, since the largest silicone or saline implants are 800cc with the saline allowing some overfill (but not to 1200cc).

Any surgeon who agrees to operate with these stated goals is not doing anything good for you. And this advice has nothing to do with gender, but with simple anatomic limitations. 1200cc would add approximately 4-5 cup sizes to your present breast volume. That is clearly impossible without harming you. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Male 38C wants larger breasts

The possibility of going larger exist, however without an actual physical examination it would be very hard to know how much larger the person could be made.  According to the patient 38 C is an actual size it possibly can go up to double D but that still would have to be determined at the time of the physical examination in order to decide what size implant could be placed in the patient.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Max breast aug size

Based upon how stretched you skin appears, I do not think that you could tolerate/handle much larger breasts or implants.

Male breast Implants can be massive

Male breast implants are not the most common of procedures done by most plastic surgeons.  Since males tend to have wider and heavier frames, the implants they can carry are much larger then the standard females.  Saline implants above 1200-1500 cc are common in males who desire that look and have the frame to support it.  Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Anire okpaku MD FACS

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Can I Go Bigger?

Assuming you have been appropriately worked up for what is the cause of your breast development and you have been counseled from a psychiatric standpoint on issue surrounding gender identification and surgery, I would say that you are a candidate for additional volume through augmentation. This would require a physical examination to determine what size range would work best for you depending on your anatomy and desired results. In general, 800cc is about the largest implant made without special order, so 1200cc is a little larger than I would feel comfortable recommending in any patient. Remember that your skin will continue to age and very large implant will sag more significantly with time and may not be in your best interest long term regardless of your desires today. Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon who can advise you on an individual level what options are best for you. 

Joseph Parks, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Transgengender male to female surgery

Transgender male to female breast augmentation is a possibility and can be performed to achieve larger breasts.  On a visit with a plastic surgeon that specializes in surgery for transgender individuals you can discuss your goals as well as the implants that will used to achieve them.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Male Bigger Breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination and more information about your specific situation and goals.. However, based on your pictures and experience I think you will be able to achieve larger breasts. Exactly what breast implant size/profile will be necessary to do so will depend on exactly what your goals are.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with similar patients.  You may also find the attached link helpful.

Breast Augmentation in Male Patients

Hello inuyasha5781, 

I understand your situation, but my first piece of advice is to seek out an experienced counselor and gender transition specialist to guide you through this process. This isn't something to take lightly or go at alone. Once you are ready for this step, you will likely (if the surgeon is following the Standard of Care) be required a psychological evaluation before you can move forward with any procedure that begins to alter your gender characteristics. If you already have a team of professionals in place, you will have everything you need to move forward. When it comes to plastic surgery for transgender, transexual and nonconforming gender patients (WPATH's words, not mine!), there is a Standard of Care. You need a surgeon that is familiar and adheres to this standard, this will also ensure they are experienced in performing this surgery. 

I understand also you may just feel you already have such feminine characteristics, getting breast implants doesn't seem like a big deal. But there are deeper implications at play and I urge you to examine (with a professional) your motivations. Also, I must discourage you against 1,200 cc or larger implants. This type of sizing is only achievable when a surgeon significantly overfills saline implants. The largest silicone or saline implants are 800cc with the saline allowing SOME overfill. Sizes beyond this are not healthy long term for any patient and precisely why they are not done in the US.

Best of Luck to you!

William Aiello, MD

Breast Augmentation for Males

To understand your options, you should consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who has the expertise of working with male patients. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS