Typical Swelling After Male Breast Reduction?

I'm 16 but, I've had man boobs since I was 10. Now, I'm sick of the teasing. It has been six years of doing push up and cardio that got me stronger and faster while my man boobs just got bigger. What I'm wondering is how bad typically is the swelling going to be be on my chest? Will it make my man boobs look bigger than they are now? Will my chest feel weird when I work out? I'm thinking of getting a couple pounds off my stomach to so it will look more natural.

Swelling After Gynecomastia

After #gynecomastia #surgery, #bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal.

If you are concerned, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon for an in-person consultation.

SWELLING AFTER MALE BREAST REDUCTION

Swelling after male breast reduction varies on the extent and type of procedure that you had done.

Typically if you just had liposuction to reduce the fatty tissue with no glandular excision your swelling should subside in a couple of weeks .
This swelling should be further reduced if Vaser Ultrasonic lipo sculpture is used to "melt" the excess adipose tissues and shrink the surrounding skin laxity. .

Wearing your compression garment is very important during the initial stage of healing, Even a tight elastic muscle shirt it will aide in the reduction swelling .
You should continue to wear your compression garment until any bruising or swelling as dissipated.
You should see the full results of your male breast reduction in several more weeks as the skin continues to contract.

Gynecomastia in Teens

Hi Jamear,

Thanks for the post. To answer your questions, the swelling is typically not bad but can take weeks to months to completely go away. The chest should not feel weird when you work out but you may feel stiff or some soreness when you first start working out. This is because most surgeons do not want their patients to exercise for several weeks after surgery and so it will take time for your body to get back into the routine of exercise. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia in adolescent

Many adolescents experience excess breast growth. This usually resolves by the time you hit 19 or so. However, just in case you may want to see your doctor to determine if there is another cause of your gynecomastia. Sometimes, an underlying health issue or medications can be a factor. 

To do or not to do gynecomastia surgery at age 16.

Six years and it is larger now,you suffer mentally,and you exercied for all those years.You can consult an experienced board certified plastic/gynocomastia surgeon,and in my opinion you are probably ready to have corrective procedure.Usually a combined procedure of glandular excision and liposuction.Typically,the swelling does not cause the breast to be larger then it was prior to surgery,and a few weeks post op you can start working out .It is always a good idea to loose weight befor or after the procedure.But always you should remember that the decision is your and your alone.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Timing for a male breast reduction

Like all aesthetic surgery, male breast reduction should only be done in patients who are adults and who understand the risks consequences in the level of commitment that the patient needs to make to ensure a good result. Your best course of action is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in this technique. As you are quite young, it is likely that your skin is a very good quality. For this reason, the plastic surgeon may recommend liposuction alone for the correction of this deformity. Keep in mind that one of the most important factors for a good result is for you to use a compressive vest garment at all times after the surgery. This garment will ensure that the skin stick smoothly to the underlying musculature.

Male breast reduction can change your life.

Hi.

I don't know what you are waiting for. All the other things will not help. Sounds like you have had gynecomastia for a long time, and the sooner you have male breast reduction, the happier you will be. Of course, all surgery has some risk, but I would predict that for you it is worth it. Recovery is not bad.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Recovery after male breast reduction.

Hi,

First, before any surgery, you want to make sure there is not an underlying problem that will just reoccur. Consulting with an endocrinologist would be a good idea. You also want to make sure you weight is and has been stable. It is not uncommon for guys your age to experience "man boobs."

Your recovery depends on which procedure type you have. Typically, you will wear garment for about a week. Your swelling and bruising should subside within a few weeks. The swelling should not be anything too significant...not any bigger than what you were before the procedure. Then you should be able to resume full activity within 2-3 months. Your chest should feel normal once you give it a little time to recover.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Recovery and Swelling after Man Boobs (Gynecomastia) Correction Surgery

Mann Boobs (Gynecomastia) is extremely common and usually gets better around your age. To really know its cause you may wish to be evaluated by a hormone doctor (Endocrinologist) although the vast majority of boys / men with this condition have no discernible cause.

Depending on the severity of the gynecomastia, the condition is readily correctable in the vast majority of boys / men with a small scar around the bottom part of the nipple complex through which VASER (liposelection) can be carried out. The surgery is followed by wearing an elastic vest for 4-6 weeks which keeps the areas from swelling and helps assure a proper healing of the chest. The results are often very pleasing to both the patients and their surgeons.

To learn everything you need to know about MAN BOOBS TREATMENT (GYNECOMASTIA CORRECTION SURGERY), follow the informative link below -

Dr. P. Aldea

Typical swelling after male breast reduction

The swelling depending upon the type of surgery lasts from 20 days to 3 months. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons to see if lipos or excisional surgeries are best for you.