Uneven eyelids. Can i get this fixed? All I want is to even out my eyelids with the double eyelid remain. (photo)

Hi i am a typical Chinese Asian and recently i notice a slight change in my eye shape and am not sure what is going on. I have been paying lots of attention to it recently. I have never done any surguries or anything to my eye before. My left eye appear slightly smaller than the other, or maybe slanted? I really dont know what i could do to fix this. What is it that am experiencing? Is there anything i could do to even out my eye shape? Is it possible? Really appreciate the advice given.

Doctor Answers 4

Eyelid Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are looking for a more youthful and contoured eyelid crease, double eyelid surgery is suggested. Eyelid surgery will achieve symmetrical eyelid creases and a natural appearing fold that you want. You should seek consultation with a board-certified surgeon who can better assess you and provide accurate options and results for your specific needs. Best of luck!

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Different eye shapes for my Asian Eye and what to do with it Asian crease formation or medial epicanthopalsty?

From the pictures it seems like you might need a medial epicanthoplasty. One of the eyes medially has more of an epicanthal fold than the other. We have a page that discusses this in more detail if you are interested. This procedure can be done without a lot of external scarring. Seek out someone that can do this without a lot of scarring.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

Uneven eyelids, Can I get this fixed?

A left upper like blepharoplasty with excess skin excision and new fold creation.  
There may be need to operate on the right upper lid also to gain equality.  The cost would be $3,000. for 1 lid, and $5,800. for both, if needed.

Fred Suess, MD (retired)
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Extra skin on upper eyelids

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. It is not unusual for Asian eyelids to look like yours. It looks normal and can be left alone. If you are interested in elevating the skin and giving a more open-eyed appearance, then blepharoplasty is the treatment. Make sure the doctor you choose has a lot of experience with Asian eyelid procedures.
Good luck,

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 138 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.