10 weeks post-op Tummy Tuck, and I'm swollen again after I take off the binder, should I continue to wear it? (photos)

i am 10weeks op of muscle repair surgery..i took off my binder last week, i found that my stomach swollen again at middle of stomach.it is pretty flat i wake up every morning,then it gradually bulge and become very swollen before i go to bed every night..so,should i continue wear binder?if yes when can i stop to wear it?if not,the swollen will go away itself by the time?

Swelling

Your swelling will probably persist in decreasing amounts until about six months when ninety percent of it should be resolved. The more important question is whether you have a fluid collection and whether or not this needs to be drained.  You can usually differentiate this based on physical examination and you should return to your plastic surgeon for this examination.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

10 weeks post-op Tummy Tuck, and I'm swollen again after I take off the binder, should I continue to wear it?

Remember that it can take a good 6 months to a year for ALL of the swelling to resolve. If you feel more comfortable with some compression, you may opt to get some Spanx to help control the swelling. Otherwise, just remember that with time, the swelling will improve. Good luck!

Tummy tuck still swells after 10 weeks

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

Final healing takes a long time and until it's done, you will swell as the day goes on. If it is uncomfortable, you can wear the binder or Spanx or other support. If it's not uncomfortable, it's ok to wear no support. You can check with your surgeon but at this point, your own body will tell you what it needs. Looks as though you are on your way for a great result. Just give it more time.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS