How to get rid of eye bags?

I have a very huge eyebag on my right eye but nothing on the other.I am 20 and I noticed about it when I was 17 I'm really frustrated about it.How to get rid of it?

Eye bags

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye bags. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Eye bags vs. other issues

The area under your eye is very complex and determining the true reason for your eye bags and the best treatment requires a full evaluation by a facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.  A photo of your eyes is a good place to start, but a full exam is also necessary.

If your eye bag is due to bulging fat from the lower fat pads, a lower eyelid surgery (aka blepharoplasty) is a good option to remove it.

If your eye bag is due to swelling of the soft tissue in this area, you may need further evaluation for a variety of issues like fluid and salt intake, sinus congestion, allergies, or even hormone levels.

If your eye bag is due to a relative hollowing of the skin just above it, a dermal filler injection may be appropriate.

In summary, this issue is complex and requires full evaluation from a surgeon who is an expert in eyelids and eyelid surgery.  He/she will be able to offer you the best treatment for your specific issue.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to get rid of eye bags?

You may be candidate for lower blepharoplasty which is best done using transconjunctival approach with some fat removal and some fat repositioning. See following video and link.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye area

It is difficult to advise you of potential treatments without a photo.  Visit with a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your concerns and formulate a personalized treatment plan.  Some options may be filler or laser treatments. You may find it is related to something else such as sinus issues and/or allergies.

Camille Cash, MD