Recessed jaw/chin, sliding genioplasty or chin implant?

I have a doctor told me my jaws stopped developing since I was 14. I have very weak jaws and no chin and have been resorting to Juvederm for several years now. However, I find the result less than satisfactory since it gives limited projection and a unnaturally small sharp chin. My chin also dimples when I close my mouth. I am looking for a permanent and effective way to balance out my face. Thanks!

Chin Implant Question

Hello,Thank you for your question! It is somewhat difficult to determine whether you are an ideal candidate for a chin implant based on the photos you provided. My best advice would be to meet with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon to be fully evaluated, and discuss your goals with someone who specializes in the facial region. Chin implants are typically very well-tolerated as well as a safe and long-term option for the right candidates. I hope this is helpful to you!Be well,Dr. Todd Hobgood,

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recessed jaw/chin

There are several factors to consider when deciding between a chin implant vs orthognathic surgery.  Many people are not comfortable with the notion of a permanent foreign object in their face, in which case genioplasty is an alternative. If you are ok with an implant then it would be a faster recovery and cheaper procedure to give you moderate chin projection.  For many patients, though, orthognathic surgery can provide more significant projection and correct any vertical or symmetry discrepancies as needed. Essentially, both are good options for you. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Genioplasty or chin implant

In the vast majority of receding, small chin, correction can be obtained with a simple chin implant.Complex genioplasty is reserved for more complicated problems

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon