Do I need to remove Radieese before having silicone chin implant surgery?

hi , i inject radiesse half year ago and i want do chin implant now . Several experience doc advise me to remove radiesse only can proceed surgery . I have to remove it only can have surgery ? Is it a must ? any risk if i dont remove and have surgery ?

Removing Radiesse before a chin augmentation

Radiesse ™ generally lasts between 1 to 1 1/2 years. If you are contemplating an alloplastic chin augmentation with a silicone chin implant after that time, it would be safe to say that most of the filler would have dissipated by then. I have implanted chin implants (as well as remove them) in the presence of filler in the chin. It is important to let the patient know that the ultimate size of the chin maybe less then what he or she expects if a temporary filler is present during the surgery. Also, if the hyaluronic acid filler  such as Restylane ™, JuvĂ©derm™ or Perlane is present, Wydase can be injected to dissolve it prior to surgery.

Remove Radiesse before chin implant

Removing the Radiesse surgically is not a good idea. It will cause tissue damage and may cause permanent deformity. The implant can be placed with Radiesse present. The size of the implant should take into account the Radiesse dissolving. About 1/3 of it will be gone at this point.

Do I need to remove Radiesse before having silicone chin implant surgery?

We do not recommend removing radiesse prior to chin augmentation.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is highly experienced for your best result.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Chin implant candidate after Radiese placement

The Radiese injection does not need to be removed prior to placement of a chin implant. Removal of the Radiese would only cause more damage to the underlying structures in the chin. More important is   the decision to pick the right size chin implant to place in the chin area once the  filler has disappeared. For many examples of chin implants, please see the link below