New mole appearing next to existing mole. Should I get this mole checked out? (photos)

I'm a 33 year old female and I've had a mole on the side of my thigh for a long time. At one point the mole became itchy for a period but no longer at the moment. Recently I spotted a new smaller mole grown just next to the existing mole. Should there be some cause for concern? this is the picture of the mole, It is relatively bigger than other moles.

New lesions

Thank you for your question. As we get older, there are numerous different types of lesions that can develop, and some may mimic moles to the naked eye. I always recommend to have new lesions evaluated, and at least once a year, a full body skin check should be done. I understand new lesions are worrisome, so I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesion evaluated. Take care and good luck.