I have my sleeve gastrectomy January 13, 2017. My problem is my double chin is now sagging?

Will cool sculpting help me to solve these problem? I don't intend to go for plastic surgery.

Sagging double chin

Congrats on the successful weight loss. Coolsculpting is FDA approved for fat removal, not for skin tightening. I would suggest having a consult with a plastic surgeon to see what your options are and if there is a non-invasive way to achieve the desire outcome that you are looking for.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging chin and coolsculpting

It would be helpful to see a picture however coolsculpting as well as Kybella may be an option to treat this area. However if there is significant fat and/or skin, other procedures like laser assisted liposuction may give you better improvement without more invasive surgical procedures.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Excess Skin (Neck) after Bariatric Surgery

This is a common problem in patients undergoing weight loss/bariatric surgery. First off congratulations on making this step. Now that you have lost all that weight and are dealing with skin redundancy the best option to treat this is with surgical excision and body contouring. CoolSculpting will not address the 'sagging' excess skin. Best of luck!

Sagging double chin

Congratulations on the decision to make a positive change in your life if you have been struggling with weight loss.  If you neck is sagging now, unfortunately, the problem may be exacerbated by your future weight loss.  As your drop pounds, you may loose subcutaneous fat in the neck.  The appearance of your neck will be determined by the ability of your skin to retract.  Although it depends on your age and skin quality, many patients after weight loss are left with loose hanging skin.  Cool sculpting contributes to the loss of fat, but does not address the loose skin, so it is unlikely to be of significant help.  Best wishes for a great outcome from your upcoming surgery.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin concerns

There are several options which may address your double chin concerns. If the skin is sagging CoolSculpting will not be appropriate but there are other treatments that could be. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which treatment options would best address your individual concerns. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Chin and Cool Sculpting

Cool Sculpting under the chin will only help with fat, it does not tighten skin. You could visit with a board certified PS office for your options. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting chin

Thank you for your question. Coolsculpting can address submental (chin) fat deposits. There is also an element of skin tightening that results from coolsculpting. I would recommend you find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to see whether you are a candidate for coolsculpting. Best of luck. 

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to say without assessing you in person or seeing a photo. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best.
Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting is not for tightening skin

It is difficult to say for sure without a photo but surgery does tend to work best for sagging skin after massive weight loss.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD