I'm a girl and I'm 18 years old. Does it look like I have a tuberous breast? (Photo)

Tuberous breasts - do I have them?

Thank you for asking about your tuberous breasts.

• Tuberous breasts can be anything from a minimal effect in a normal breast to quite mis-shapen breasts.
  • You have a minimal effect - your breasts are 100% normal but the lower breast is a little narrow, the areolae are a little wide and the breasts are a little widely set.
  • If your concern is - Am I normal? The answer is 'yes.'
  • If you would like fuller breasts and narrower areolae - then surgery can give you that look.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tuberous Breasts-Yes

There is a broad spectrum of shapes that come under the definition of "tuberous breasts".  Based on your photos, you do have some of the characteristics that would be termed "tuberous" including tight lower poles on the breasts, high inframammary folds(where your breasts join your chest wall), enlarged nipple-areolas, and herniation of the areolas-often termed a "Hershey's Kiss" deformity.  Your particular presentation is mild and can be very well addressed by a breast augmentation using an around the nipple incision to allow your surgeon to release the tight bands in the lower poles of the breasts and lower the IM folds to a more balanced look.  At the same time, the nipple areola herniation and size issues can be addressed.

Please consult with one or two board-certified plastic surgeons who based on their examinations can offer the best treatment options for you. 

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Yes

Based on the photos you provided I would say that you do indeed have a mild case of tuberous breasts.  You can still have very pretty breasts after an augmentation but it will be important for you to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to perform your procedure because your case is a bit more complicated than the average breast augmentation and will require some additional steps internally.

Best of luck to you!

G. Robert Meger MD

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

Based on the pictures you have provided, it does not appear that you have tuberous breasts. However, it is important to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon who perform many cosmetic breast procedures to be evaluated in person.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Correction

Thank you for your question. You appear to show some characteristics of Tuberous breasts. There is asymmetry, some constriction of the lower poles and areola herniation. These issues can typically be addressed with a combination of breast lift, release of tissue constriction and placement of implants. I recommend that you speak with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person about your aesthetic goals and the best surgical options for you.

All the best