Eye, nose surgery with ear cartilages, buccal fat removal surgeries performed under LA within 4 hours. Should I postpone?

Hi, my surgeon estimates all the surgeries can be performed within 4 hours under LA as GA will be double the cost. Eye will be suture technique on upper lid and fat removal on lower lid. Nose will be nose tip reshaping and augmentation of tip and bridge with 2 ear cartilages. Buccal fat removal. I wonder if 4 hours is the consideration of getting infection or anesthesia issue? Would it be too rush for the surgeon to perform the surgeries well? Should i postpone some of the procedures first?

Upper lid, lower lid, nasal surgery with ear cartilage and buccal fat removal - all under local anesthesia

Thank you for asking about your facial surgery.

• This seems like a lot of surgery under local anesthesia.
  • I would discuss dividing the procedures into two -¬†
  • Four hours is fine for general anesthesia but it is a very long time to hold still for complex facial surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS