Dark scars on each feet. What can I do to get rid of them? (Photo)

I went on a holiday trip with my family. Leading on to the few days that we were about to leave i got a few iritating bumps on both my foot. I didnt scratch them even though it was agony. After that, both my feet have a dark scar on top of each foot. Its been two years since that day. What can i do to get rid of them?

Dark spots on the feet and Exfolase / Luminase creams

These dark spots were likely linked to some type of irritation or inflammation. Assuming that is resolved, I would begin with a combination of Exfolase and Luminase creams twice daily followed by our Hidef fractional laser treatments. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

IPL Treatments

To lighten hyperpigmented scars, Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatments can be a good option. IPL treatments stimulate collagen formation in the dermis of the skin. Because the epidermis is not affected, the after effects are minimal, and many patients return to normal activities immediately after treatment. Pre-treatment and maintenance with hydroquinone bleaching cream and applications of high-grade SPF sunscreen are advised. 

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon