Chin not symmetrical after 3 weeks post double jaw and sliding genioplasty surgery. (photo)

I just had a double jaw surgery and sliding genioplasty done 3 weeks ago. I realise that my Chin is obviously not symmetrical. When I inform my surgeon about it, he just asked if I have knocked my Chin accidentally (which I didn't). Should I be concerned about it? Or the asymmetry is due to the swelling? Should I get the doctor to do an X-ray to check? What can I do if it's really not symmetrical?

Chin surgery and swelling

3 weeks is still too early to judge the ultimate result after chin surgery. However, it is very important for your surgeon to examine you in person to make sure there is nothing else going on other than swelling. Good luck!

Warrenville Physician