Will breast augmentation help if I have scoliosis and really uneven breasts?

I'm currently 19,and I have a 48degree curve.My breast are really really uneven.My left breast is a small C while my right breast is about larger than AA but definitely smaller than A.This bothers me a lot honestly, padded bras just doesn't help anything.I don't mind if I had scoliosis or what so ever, but breast asymmetry makes me feel insecured.Should i undergo breast augmentation and spinal fusion?Will those actually help?Is there any possible way to make my breasts more even without surgery?

Thank you for the question. I would suggest that you address any potential spine surgery first prior to making any decisions regarding potential breast surgery.  Then, I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your concerns/goals.  Make sure that your selected plastic surgery has significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.

Breast asymmetry cannot be improved upon without surgical intervention; exactly what operation would be indicated will depend on your physical examination and personal goals. Generally speaking,  patients with scoliosis are able to undergo breast augmentation surgery without difficulty. You may find the attached link, dedicated to  breast asymmetry concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast asymmetry

In general there is no way to correct significant breast asymmetry without some type of surgery.  When considering asymmetry the goals are to better match the size, shape, and nipple position/areola size.  Sometimes we do this by decreasing the larger breast, increasing the smaller breast or a combination.  Some differences in shape of size of a woman's breast are very common, but the difference you are describing is noticeable and difficult to disguise with padding.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon should give you more information, but correction will almost certainly involve surgery.

Samuel Beran, MD

Breast augmentation - will it help with the appearance from scoliosis

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• Without examining you, it is hard to tell but -
  • Breast implants are often done in women with scoliosis - the implant sizes can be adjusted to get the most symmetric look possible.
  • If you are planning a spinal fusion, that would come first.
  • You could have a breast augmentation six months later.
  • There is no way other than surgery of some kind to make your breasts more even.
  • Fat transfers can be used if you are fairly heavy but most patients I know with scoliosis are quite slim. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question. I recommend that you start  with meeting a board certified plastic Surgeon in person. They will examine you and this allows them to talk with you about specifics for surgical options and planning. If needed, your surgeon may be able to collaborate with others to fascilitate what you want.

All the best

PS, breast implants and occasionally combined with a lift can improve breast asymmetry.

However it is very important that you have your spinal fusion surgery first because this may significantly improve your asymmetry. For more information please read below: