Is this Malar Bags? Can a person develop malar bags on one side?

I am 54 yrs old, 2 years ago developed a fluid like swelling on my upper right cheek, it seems to grow and shrink, it also appears to have a small point of minor bruising on the area pointing to the bridge of the nose?

Doctor Answers 1

Sounds like a malar bag.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The occur at the top of the cheek between ligament systems just below the lower eyelid. Yes sometimes they are worse on one side (often the side you sleep on). There are a range of options to address these from surgery to fillers to chemical peels.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.