My friend did a tattoo on my shoulder and it's like a bump. Can it be removed? (Photo)

Scarring

It appears that your tattoo is as you claim “bumpy” or raised due to scarring. If it is a recent tattoo, you should get it checked by a medical expert and wait few more weeks to see if it is going to go away. If the does not change, the laser removal would not diminish the raised area and it may intensify scarring. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tattoo Removal and Scarring

You have some keloid scarring with your tattoo and laser tattoo removal may make it worse. The scars can be treated with injectable steroids with or without 5-FU, microneedling/prp and lasers. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Raised tattoo

There appears to be scarring associated with the tattoo.  You can have it examined by a physician who performs laser tattoo removal.  However, while laser might remove the color, it probably will not do anything for the raised skin, which looks like scar.

Tattoo removal of enlarged tattoo

The photo looks like you have scarring post tattoo treatment. I would recommend having the tattoo evaluated medically before doing any laser removal. The laser treatment could inflame the tattoo further. You may need steroid injections in tattoo before considering laser.

Raised tattoo treatment

I would be concerned with the outcome of this tattoo with treatment. The raised portion will not respond to treatment. The color might improve but the scarring might get worse. I think that I would leave this alone.

Steven F. Weiner, MD