I have heard that it is possible with one or two stiches to make a woman's vagina more tight. Is that really possible and how much is it? How Much for Making Me More Tight?
How much does vagina tightening cost?
Doctor Answers 14
A 1-2 stitch vaginoplasty/vaginal tightening procedure??!
If you don't do it right it won't work, or work for only a short while before breaking down and leaving you like you were before, only poorer.
Here is how it is supposed to be done, how master, experienced surgeons do it. Anything less is substandard:
1. Removal of a sizable diamond-shaped wedge of vagina, vestibule, perineum, cleaning up all or tge fobrous scar tissue.
2. Placement of ~ 3-4 apporoximating heavy caliber delayed absorbable sutures into the sheaths of the "levator muscles of the pelvic floor (preferably under local anesthesia, as if you are conscious during surgery you can do a "Kegels" and your doc can better locate the exact right place to put sutures)
3. re-approximation of the tough fibrous layer, the "recto-vaginal fascia, as a second layer, a wrapping "blanket" over the levator muscles, with medium caliber sutures.
4. Very accurate placement of 1-3 (usually 2) "crown sutures" deeply into the tissue of the vestibule to gather up and approximete the muscles and bulk of the "perineal body" to repair and elevate it, bulking the opening and changing the angle of penile vaginal thrust.
5. Careful cosmetic, "plastic" closure of all areas, re-building the opening to be as close as anatomically poossible to pre-childbirth parameters, with a small-caliber "plastic" suture line.
This is a lot more than "...a stitch or 2..." And your surgeon should not call it quits there, but shephard you through a series of pelvic floor strengthening classes and/or supply you with and teach you how to use an electronic vaginal muscles strengthening device.
Our cost is $5750. This includes the full surgery, all pre- and post-op visits, surgical suite, anesthesia, electronic muscle exercisor, appointment with physical therapist and much more..
Michael P Goodman MD.
Vaginal tightening can be perormed. It is best for women who have had children via vagnial delivery and have stretched out their tissues. Patients will typically state that they feel that sex is not the same since childbirth. The surgery involves removal of excess mucosa with tightening of the underlying muscle and reduction in the diameter of the vaginal introitus (external opening of the vagina). I also sometimes perform fat injection into the side walls of the vagina if there is a great deal of vaginal laxity. The procedure takes around 1.5 hours and the cost with anesthesia and facility fee is around $5000-5500.
I Hope this answers some of your questions.
Daniel A. Medalie, MD
How much does vagina tightening cost?
A vaginal tighteneing (vaginoplasty), is more than just putting in 1 or 2 stitches. It is done under general anesthesia and involves removing some of the mucosa, tightening the muscle layer, and reducing the size of the vaginal opening. Ave cost is $5500 - $6000 in our area.
You might also like...
Cost of Vaginal Tightening
Vaginoplasty for Effective Vaginal Tightening
Vaginoplasty is an excellent procedure for tightening the vagina which has become loosened. Childbirth is usually the cause of vaginal laxity, but women who've never had children or never had a vaginal delivery can also develop vaginal laxity. The procedure can be simple or complex depending on how much laxity is present and whether there has been any damage to the pelvic floor supports of the bladder, the uterus and the rectum. Nonetheless, it is not a matter of a few stitches. A well-conducted vaginoplasty is a blend of science, experience and artistry, so do some serious research if you're planning to consider this option.
Cost of vaginal tightening
Cost of vaginoplasty
No easy fix
I would run fast and far from a "surgeon" making such commentary.
Tightening of the vagina can be performed surgically if the problem is significant and usually from childbearing.
Often the surgery is covered by insurance-
cash pricing is often $5-7k.
Also recommend you look into ThermiVa, very exciting new non-surgical option.
Vaginal Tightening or Vaginoplasty
Vaginoplasty or vaginal rejuvenation is a procedure whereby the muscles around the vagina are tightened and the vaginal canal is reduced in size. It's designed make the vagina tighter and increase sensation during sexual intercourse. It is much more than putting one or 2 stitches in, it is a one to one and a half hour operation whereby all the layers of the vagina are repaired. We usually perform it under general anesthesia and the cost runs between $7-$9000, I hope that helps, good luck.
How much does vaginal tightening cost? Is one or two stitches enough?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.