I have heard that it is possible with one or two stiches to make a woman's vagina more tight. Is that really possible and how much is it? How Much for Making Me More Tight?
How much does vagina tightening cost?
Doctor Answers 13
A 1-2 stitch vaginoplasty/vaginal tightening procedure??!
If you don't do it right it won't work, or work for only a short while before breaking down and leaving you like you were before, only poorer.
Here is how it is supposed to be done, how master, experienced surgeons do it. Anything less is substandard:
1. Removal of a sizable diamond-shaped wedge of vagina, vestibule, perineum, cleaning up all or tge fobrous scar tissue.
2. Placement of ~ 3-4 apporoximating heavy caliber delayed absorbable sutures into the sheaths of the "levator muscles of the pelvic floor (preferably under local anesthesia, as if you are conscious during surgery you can do a "Kegels" and your doc can better locate the exact right place to put sutures)
3. re-approximation of the tough fibrous layer, the "recto-vaginal fascia, as a second layer, a wrapping "blanket" over the levator muscles, with medium caliber sutures.
4. Very accurate placement of 1-3 (usually 2) "crown sutures" deeply into the tissue of the vestibule to gather up and approximete the muscles and bulk of the "perineal body" to repair and elevate it, bulking the opening and changing the angle of penile vaginal thrust.
5. Careful cosmetic, "plastic" closure of all areas, re-building the opening to be as close as anatomically poossible to pre-childbirth parameters, with a small-caliber "plastic" suture line.
This is a lot more than "...a stitch or 2..." And your surgeon should not call it quits there, but shephard you through a series of pelvic floor strengthening classes and/or supply you with and teach you how to use an electronic vaginal muscles strengthening device.
Our cost is $5750. This includes the full surgery, all pre- and post-op visits, surgical suite, anesthesia, electronic muscle exercisor, appointment with physical therapist and much more..
Michael P Goodman MD.
How much does vagina tightening cost?
A vaginal tighteneing (vaginoplasty), is more than just putting in 1 or 2 stitches. It is done under general anesthesia and involves removing some of the mucosa, tightening the muscle layer, and reducing the size of the vaginal opening. Ave cost is $5500 - $6000 in our area.
Vaginal tightening can be perormed. It is best for women who have had children via vagnial delivery and have stretched out their tissues. Patients will typically state that they feel that sex is not the same since childbirth. The surgery involves removal of excess mucosa with tightening of the underlying muscle and reduction in the diameter of the vaginal introitus (external opening of the vagina). I also sometimes perform fat injection into the side walls of the vagina if there is a great deal of vaginal laxity. The procedure takes around 1.5 hours and the cost with anesthesia and facility fee is around $5000-5500.
I Hope this answers some of your questions.
Daniel A. Medalie, MD
You might also like...
Cost of vaginal tightening
Cost of vaginoplasty
No easy fix
I would run fast and far from a "surgeon" making such commentary.
Tightening of the vagina can be performed surgically if the problem is significant and usually from childbearing.
Often the surgery is covered by insurance-
cash pricing is often $5-7k.
Also recommend you look into ThermiVa, very exciting new non-surgical option.
Vaginoplasty for Effective Vaginal Tightening
Cost of Vaginal Tightening
It is best to schedule a consultation to see if you are a good candidate.
Vaginal Rejuvenation, also called Vaginoplasty and Vaginal Tightening
It is not possible to make a woman's vagina tighter with just a few stitches. Some obstetrician/gynecologists offer to put in an extra stitch or two at delivery for the husband termed the Honeymoon stitch, but that really only addresses the skin (not even the muscles) at the vaginal opening and is not inside the canal. These surgeries are not offered right after delivery because a woman's blood volume is almost double and there is a higher risk of bleeding.
The most common reasons for requesting vaginal rejuvenation are the sensations of being too wide or too loose, and too smooth, with reduced sensation for one or both partners, problems with gas-like noises and partner fall out during the act due to weak muscles at the opening. Other symptoms include constipation, hemorrhoids, having to manually assist with going to the bathroom, tampons not staying in place, and urinary incontinence. Childbirth, large weight gain and loss, chronic straining with constipation or heavy lifting, sexual abuse, anal intercourse and putting large objects in the vagina, among others are the causes of feeling too loose or too wide, and stretch the tissues inside the vagina. The loss of vaginal ridges and too much vaginal secretions are the cause of feeling too smooth.
There are actually 7 Vaginal Rejuvenation surgeries, 2 treat the smooth sensation and 5 treat the wide or loose sensation. The range of cost for these procedures is between $3000-$7,500 depending on your anatomy and desires.
I hope this information is helpful.