Deviated Septum, would I be a a good candidate for Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I have always had a deviated septum but since I broke it a few years ago it hasn't looked or felt the same. In addition, I have always been self conscious of my profile. I feel like my nose takes away from the rest of my face. I have my reservations about getting the surgery but I keep circle back to my desire to get it done. Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Am I a candidate?

You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty surgery at the time of your septoplasty.  Seek one or more opinions as to realistic changes that can be attained that are to your liking.  Good luck

Deviated septum, would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

A septoplasty is performed in the back of the nose when there's blockage of airflow through the nose. A septoplasty is performed for medical necessity and does not change the shape of the nose. A rhinoplasty can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, refining the nasal tip, decreasing the overall projection of the nose, and narrowing/straightening the bridge line. Both a septoplasty and a rhinoplasty can be performed at the same time under the same anesthetic with the same recovery period. Expect to pay for the cosmetic component yourself, while the septoplasty can be billed to the patient's medical insurance once medical necessity and preauthorization has been documented. For more information about septoplasty and rhinoplasty along with many before-and-after rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Yes, you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty . You are best to go for consultation to review your goals and go over the surgical plan with yoru surgeon.

Sure, you're a good candidate. In the right hands. See the morphs I made.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_Meghanc24.html

I made a couple of computer morphs of your nose, and animations of the morphs, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I lowered the bump on the bridge, and I elevated the tip of the nose, so it doesn't droop down as much. Then I narrowed the tip, and brought the entire nose back a little closer to your face.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated Septum, would I be a a good candidate for Rhinoplasty?

Only you as the patient- can decide whether to proceed with any Cosmetic Surgical procedure. You have- in my opinion- the potential for a drastically improved nose that would fit your face more pleasingly, but be sure you choose a very experienced Board Certified PS committed to a procedure of Rhinoplasty. I would recommend only the closed technique for your procedure