I've read that Botox sometimes doesn't wear off...HELP. Will it? I had completely terrible results

It was injected in my elevens and in my forehead. My nose appears much broader, eyes sunken and tired looking, brows too arches, inner lids too low....never again. I dont even want to be seen and I look masculine

Lasting effects of Botox

It sounds like your Botox experience was not a good one.  I have two answers to your question.  The first is that you may want to return to your injector.  If they are experienced and are familiar with the anatomy of the region that they injected, some of your issues may be correctable.  Have them inject the Procerus muscles at the radix of your nose.  This injection will help elevate the medial portion of your eyebrow.  4 units should suffice.  For the arched brow, have them inject a couple of centimeters above the arch in your forehead.  This injection will prevent the arching of the brow that you see on the sides.  Botox will absolutely wear off.  In the majority of cases much more quickly than we all would like.  Good luck.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

That is too bad that you had a negative experience with your botox injections. You do not have to worry however, as the botox is indeed temporary.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Results Long Term

Botox NEVER lasts, it goes away in 2-4 months depending on the person.  I suggest you speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and results

The good news about Botox is that it is temporary and if you are unhappy with the results, it will dissipate after a few months.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Does Botox wear off?

Botox will definitely wear off in 3-4 months.  You should definitely speak to your injector regarding your results.  Best of luck!

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon

Botox gone bad

Sorry for your bad experience. It will wear off though. Your experience is not typical at all and I would look into what happened. Speak to your doctor about what he or she would do differently should you choose to do this again. Be well -

Estee Williams, MD

Botox results

I strongly recommend you refrain from further Botox treatments as you may not be a good candidate; however, if you do choose to try it again at some point, please seek consultation with an experienced and board-certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon and not a medspa or salon or a doctor without proper credentials.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox does not last

In clinical studies there have been no cases of  a"permanent" effect to Botox injections. In the clinical studies it wore off maximally in about six months.

I've read that Botox sometimes doesn't wear off...HELP

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Botox does only have a temporary effect on muscles and resolves in 3-4 months in most cases.  Hang in there!

Botox problems rare and virtually always go away

i have never seen results from botox unsatisfactory to the degree you describe...suspect problem is more than just consequences of botox. botox effects almost always gone by about three months...rarely individuals will get 4 months or even more.  before you blame the product, remember that, like most things, the person doing the procedure matters a lot. suggest you return for re-evaluation if this was done very recently....or maybe see a board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon