Will a fat transfer make my breasts fuller? (Photo)

Deflated breasts due to three children, will fat transfer make them more full and natural? Looking for least invasive and hoping it will improve other areas as well....plenty of fat to transfer. How much is average cost for this?

Fat transfer to the breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Mainegirl, You would be a good candidate for either fat transfer or breast implant.  Fat transfer is more costly and may require more than one procedure to achieve the desired results because up to 30% of the fat may dissolve.. There is no limit to how much can be injected during the initial and I would inject enough o give you the size you want .  I would not over inject even knowing some of the fat may dissolve.  Always better to add more then try to remove. If you choose an implant you may need a lift also.  Best procedure for youwould be determined during your consultation

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It does not affect mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat Transfer to breasts

Thank you for your question and for posting a picture. You could be a good candidate for fat transfer and liposuction. Fat transfer will only give you a one cup size increase at most. Your surgeon will over-inject initially as only 60% of the fat will live forever.  If you want more fullness, you may consider a breast lift with implants. Liposuction could help offer contour in other areas, but you will need to see a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Will a fat transfer make my breasts fuller?

Fat transfer is limited because only 150-200cc of fat will survive which is smaller than most breast enlargement patients want. Based on your photo a combination breast lift with implants may be your best option. Please see below: