Are my crescent lift scars looking normal? If I were to get stretch marks on my new boobs, would they be immediate? (Photo)

I'm 5 days post op. To me , my crescent lift scars are looking dark , do they do that as they heal? I also had few existing stretch marks pre op which seem to look better filled out I am just paranoid I will receive new ones with time ?!

Healing

Thank you for your question.  It is too early to consider a revision so please give yourself a few more weeks to analyze the final results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Healing after Breast Lift

Thanks for your question and your photos.  You're still in the very early stages of healing which can often take 6--12 months.  Discuss your questions directly with your plastic surgeon as they will be able to best guide you.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift/Breast Lift scars and strecthc marks

Congratulations on having completed you surgery.  It is best to discuss any healing concerns with your PS as they are aware of what was used(likely glue in this situation) and can physically see and feel your tissue.  Based on the photos it appears that your healing as expected.  As far as stretch marks, they never disappear but do fill out and tend to be less noticeable after surgery.  You shouldn't be concerned of getting new ones unless you have a significant change in weight/ growth such as massive weight gain or pregnancy.  Best for recovery!

Crescent lift concerns

Hello, there can be some normal darkness around an incision caused by superficial scabbing, but nonetheless it is best to review concerns with your surgeon.  I hope you have a great result.

Crescent lift at 5 days

At 5 days, your incisions are in the earliest phases of healing and over time ( like a year) they often improve quite nicely.  

Crescent lift incisions 5 days afterwards

Thank you for sharing. These incisions are quite early in the healing process. The skin appears to have a glue as well. Your incisions will mature over time and look appropriate at this phase. Talk with your PS about how to take care of your maturing and healing incisions. Stretch marks are an intrinsic property of each person's skin. Skin lifting and other procedures can improve the way they look. Future stretch marks are usually dependant on time and skin stress. Hope that helps.

Mastopexy Scars

Thanks for your question. From what I can see in your photos your scars look normal. The darkness that you may be appreciating looks like skin glue. The glue should peel off is the next few weeks. As to whether or not you will develop new stretch marks it is impossible to say. They would not necessarily develop immediately. Good luck. 

Scars take time to mature

I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi xoericaxp. Thank you for attaching photos. All surgical scars will initially be raised, firm and discolored. With time, they will flatten, soften and lighten in color- this may take over a year however. Board certified PS will offer you scar treatments at the appropriate interval that may consist of topical scar products with silicone, growth factors and/or SPF, gentle massage, etc. Although not usually seen with lifts, If you see fresh, new stretch marks, be sure to tell your PS right away so they can start laser or microneedling treatments. Good luck!

Crescent Lift

Thank you for your question and photos. Your incisions seem to be healing normally. It is not unusual for the scars to become red and raised over the first few months after surgery. Your scars will continue to mature for 12-18 months after surgery.

Stretch marks can occur as your skin stretches and ages over time.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD