I had Juvederm injected into my tear-troughs about 5 years ago, wondering if it could still be there? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 9
Juvederm still present after five years
Juvederm can be present for many years in lower eyelid area
Juvederm - can it last 5 years
- It sounds as though the settings on the Erbium laser were high for your lower lids.
- But it should not account for the lower lid fullness.
- One possibility - the Juvederm has not dissolved.
- Or it may have led to scar tissue -
- Or your eye has changed over the last 5 years - with more lower lid fat being visible.
- The best approach is to return to your plastic surgeon for an exam to see what can be done.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
Juvederm can last for years under the eyes.
The Ebrium laser may have left you with some scar tissue. If it is not scar tissue and it is juvederm it can be dissolved with hyalaronidase. If it is scar tissue you can treat the area with microneedling to break up the scar tissue.
Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva
Juvederm in tear trough lasting 5 years
Juvederm 5 years later
Tear Troughs and Swelling
An in person consultation is the only way to know for sure what the situation is. It would be unusual for Juvederm to remain five years later. It is possible that you have developed more fat over time under your eyes. It is also possible that the Erbium laser was too high as well. Please contest an experienced board certified dermatologist to assess the situation. Best, Dr. Green
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.