Feel like I have a bubble on my left breast. Is this normal?

I had 380cc 4 years ago they are both same size no deflation. How ever when I get in the bath I feel a bubble on my left breast but you can only feel it when I am in the bath when I am hot. Hope this is normal?

Any change in your breast means you should see your surgeon to check . It may require an ultrasound to check the integrity of the implants

Most likely it is just the edge of an implant or a fold you can feel

Contact Surgeon for Post-Op Questions

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions. Any of the following may be post-op difficulties, about which it is best to contact your surgeon directly:

·       Excessive bleeding (hematoma) and bruising

·       Reduced sensation of #nipple

·       Deflation/rupture

·       Capsular contracture

·       Wrinkling/rippling. Palpable and/or visible

·       Firmness, and distorted appearance

·       Interference with breast feeding

·       Mammogram interference

·       Cost for revision surgery if necessary

·       Calcium deposits in the tissue around the implant

·       Breast tissue atrophy/chest wall deformity

·       Hypertrophic scarring

·       Tissue loss

·       Infection requiring antibiotics or implant removal

Bubble feel in the breast

Thanks for you question

It is possible that you are feeling the normal edge of the implant.

After few years the breast tissue that cover the implant can become thinner and the implant can become palpable. To exclude any problem an examination is necessary.If any worries ultrasound or better MRI can be indicated to check if any problem with the implants.

Best Wishes

Mr Netri

Giorgio Netri, MBBS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Four Years Post Op

Thank you for your question. Often a person can feel the implant shell/edge where the skin/tissue is the thinnest on the breast. It could be that you have noticed but Id recommend an in person visit with your family doctor to examine the breasts and complete imaging such as ultrasound as well if there are any concerns.

All the best