My upper lip is unnaturally wrinkled. Are there any treatments for it? Cosmetic or natural. Thank you. (photos)

My upper lip is unnaturally wrinkled. I've started to get self conscious about it and have been noticing people's lips lately. I noticed that it is usually the lower lips that show slight wrinkles but for me my upper lip is showing horizontal and vertical lines. And don't confuse it with lip lines. For me, it is on my lips. The whole surface of my lips are covered with lines.

Lip Wrinkles and Plumping

You definitely can have these lip wrinkles plumped and I would recommend Restylane or Juvederm for this area of the lips.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

My upper lip is unnaturally wrinkled. Are there any treatments for it? Cosmetic or natural. Thank you

Since you already present with a good volume- I recommend Restylane Silk to smooth out the wrinkles on your lips. 

Wrinkled Lips - What to do?

Thank you for your inquiry. Many men and women have this same issue. It can easily be resolved and corrected with some lip fillers such as Juvederm, Belotero, Emervel, Perlane, Restylane ..etc. This will also add a touch of volume to your lips. I would highly recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon for optimal results. Small amount of swelling after your injection is normal and should subside within a day or two if not less.Typically results will last one year depending on the product chosen. Hope this helped, Best of Luck to you! 

Lip lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. Those lines could be softened with a small amount of a thin filler, but this would add some volume to your lip. I recommend getting treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Are there treatments for wrinkled lips?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  If you have appropriately moisturized your lips and they continue to be wrinkled I would recommend a thin dermal filler, such as Restylane silk.  This will help fill the wrinkles without substantially increasing your lip volume.  Hope this helps.

Lip Wrinkles

We treat lip wrinkles in our office daily. We have fillers that will plump the lip just so slightly to fill in the lines. Aslo we love glamglow lip fiz and moisture this helps with exfoliation and moisturizing. Thank you for the question and I hope this helps. 

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon