Am I a good candidate for hair transplant? (Photo)

I'm a 38, healthy female going bald on the sides of my head. My hair texture is fine and snaps off, kind of like a spider web, but it does grow pretty fast. Some years ago, I bleached and colored frequently. I've stopped and it's been almost a year, though I did put some natural color on a few months ago - but no bleach. 1. Do I sound like a good candidate for hair transplant? 2. What type of balding does this sound like, and will it stop? 3. Is this a cosmetic or medical type of situation?

Photos don't capture the accurate degree of hair loss..

This can't be definitively answered unless there has been an individual examination. However I can elaborate a little on what we consider when we decide upon a patient's eligibility.

We definitely proceed with caution before we approve candidates who are under the age of 18. In rare cases, people that young do want this procedure and they will be carefully vetted before being approved, if they are approved at all. So, age is a factor. 

Another factor is the general health of the patient. For example, a surgeon will look at medical history, current health conditions (if any) and then decide if it’s safe to perform the procedure. In some cases, a candidate may need to resolve health issues prior to being approved for the surgery. 

Also, patients should have immune systems which are strong enough to allow them to heal properly after their operations.

Doctors prefer to perform hair transplants on patients who live healthy lifestyles. So, following a healthy diet, getting moderate exercise and practicing stress management will boost your odds of getting the “ok” for this type of surgery. 

A surgeon will also look at your degree of hair loss and how much donor hair you have available.

These are some variables. If you really want to make sure about your candidacy, you could book a consultation with cosmetic surgeon in your city. Just make sure you choose a skilled, experienced, certified and well rated surgeon. 

This will be the best way to see if you’re a viable candidate for this type of procedure, as every patient is different. Only a surgeon can tell if this procedure is right for you.

India Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for hair transplant?

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Why should I have Organic Hair Transplantation?

Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the b

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss or treatment options. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the best way to obtain medical advice.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Good candidate for hair transplant

No, I dont think that you are not good candidate for hair transplant.... there are 2 problem for ladies about hair transplantation:  First, donor area that we obtain all hair roots taken for transplantation may be under affect of genetical hair loss of woman type and so all of transplanted hairs would be also thin, not enough for successfull coverage and not life long guarantied. Because of that, after hair restoration surgery in women, we would not able to get same results for men..  You probably have AGA  and would have same affect  as I mentioned.Secondly, ıf the woman has a strong donor site on her back and sides of head, before operation  we have to shave all hair of scalp to obtaine enough number of hair shafts . So it is really a socially terrible condition for a woman and it causes daily life restrictions. Only after 10 days of operation, patient can use a hair prosthesis to cover the area …

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a hair transplant

As I said in my previous answer to you, first you need to see a doctor and get a diagnosis and then once you know what it wrong and why you have the problem, the treatments that are targeted to your diagnosis is best

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Candidacy for a hair transplant?

jolievoila,I would recommend that you visit a hair restoration expert to evaluate your condition. After a thorough history and physical examination a detailed plan can be tailor to treat your condition. Certainly, hair transplants can be very benefial in the appropriate candidate.Sincerely, 
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon