- I am sorry you feel disappointed -]
- Usually the swelling after surgery is marked, making the lip look too big.
- That said, I have had an occasional patient in whom the swelling makings the lip drop - and it looks better as time goes on.
- One can't have an opinion about your situation without before/after photos, knowing the measurements before surgery and how much tissue was removed.
- However - it is much better to have too little than too much result - more can always be done.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
I had a lip lift yesterday and expected more lifting. Could it be that as the swelling will go down my lip will be more raised?
Doctor Answers 3
Assessing lip lift result
Disappointed in lip lift
Lip lift result
Difficult to tell without pictures, however your lip will be swollen for a period of time after surgery making it look like less of a result. Allow time for appropriate healing and things should look better.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.