Capped molar hurting (root canal 5 years ago)

I had a root canal about 5-6 years ago. The cap has been replaced a few times. After the last cap fell out, I got a new one in August (3 months ago). Since a few days my tooth has been hurting and throbbing a lot. What is causing this and how can I make it stop? The crown is all porcelain, no metal. Everything looks good. But hurts anyway.

Pain on crown

Hi:

Most likely you need a bite adjustment on the new crown.  This can be easily done.  Normally pain due to bite does not go away unless the crown is adjusted.  Go back to your dentist as soon as possible to have him check the bite.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist