BBL. I want to lose 13 lbs after the procedure. Are my hips going to stay?

I have a question that make me crazy because you can read and hear millón answer. How long is the BBL? Ok "only reabsorbe 40%". In case that I change my hips shape. And after the procedure I want to lose 13Ibs (becose my arms, my face need it to make up for the new shape) then... my hips going to stay there? I'm worrying because I'm not Kim kardashian or similar, I have no money to spend every time I lose weight... Can u help me???

Thanks for your question

• The injected fat remains for a lifetim, is true that it will have a behavior according to your weight if you win weight your buttocks also increase and if you lose weight they also go down. You can choose a nice result according to your body.

The fat that remains and survives after the BBL procedure will increase or decrease in proportion to your weight gain or weight loss.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done to see if you are a good candidate for a BBL. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure or losing too much weight after. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. If you want to lose some more weight, I would recommend doing this prior to your surgery. Best of luck!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon